Summarizing what you need to do before during and after a live streaming event with uStudio.
uStudio recommends you compose an event "runlist" of tasks and activities to be checked off pre-show, during your live broadcast, and post-show. There is an example of a basic runlist below; feel free to recycle this into one that meets your exact team needs.
Pre-Show Preparedness ( T - 2 Hours )
- Log into uStudio and be sure you can access BOTH the live streaming studio AND (if recording the presentation for VOD usage later) the specified VOD studio where the recorded asset will be uploaded automatically.
- Make sure the live video is in a "not started" status (in the Edit Video page) so eager audience members will see that the event has yet to begin.
- Log into the event recording interface at https://live-events-app.ustudio.com/.
Countdown ( T - 15 Minutes)
From the camera/encoder, begin broadcasting your bumper content at least 3-5 minutes before showtime.
- Within your uStudio live streaming studio, set the live video status to "in progress."
- If recoding, hit "record" in the event recording interface.
- Please note that live events lasting longer than 2-2.5 hours require special consideration due to their large file sizes (individual files must not exceed 5GB). We suggest stopping the recording at a live audience's natural bio-break, then starting the recording again once the presentation has resumed.
- If recording, hit "stop" in the event recording interface to end recording.
- Set the live video status to "finished" so audience members will see that the event has officially ended.
- Save your live event's report locally for future reference.