uStudio offers the industry's smoothest live-to-VOD workflow.
Here are the steps to record video from a live streaming event:
1) In your Live Streaming studio, edit the video metadata of the live video specifying the "Archive Studio UID" (enter the unique ID for the studio where you'll want to store and/or publish the VOD asset later. This is an alphanumeric string that begins with "O" and can be found in the URL for the studio after "https://app.ustudio.com/#studios/").
2) Ensure that whoever will record the video is a member of both the source studio (your Live Streaming studio) and the Archive Studio you identified in step 1 above.
3) Once live streaming has started, whoever will do the recording will go to this link: https://live-events-app.ustudio.com (many customers do this on a mobile phone while attending an in-person event - just be sure you have a reliable wifi or cellular signal. NOTE: if the person managing the recording is attending the event, be aware that playback may be a little delayed. It is recommended that they coordinate when to start and stop the recording with the broadcaster).
4) Select the Live Streaming studio from the top left dropdown (if there's more than one).
5) When you want to start recording the presentation, simply click the RECORD button next to the name of the video you are live streaming.
...<enjoy your event>...
6) When you are ready to stop recording, click the STOP button.
The VOD recording will be automatically placed in the archive studio specified in step 1 above. It may take a moment to process, depending on the length and size of the recording. This video can be managed just like any other VOD asset in uStudio.