This article explains how to use the Chapter Player Module within Playground.
We love the chapter player because it makes it easy for the viewer to skip to the most relevant sections of a video.
- You'll need the Chapter Module installed in the studio, which you can request via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hover over the video you'd like to have 'chapter-ed' and click 'Manage Players'
- Click 'Create New Player' and give it a name
- Click 'More Add-ons' and click the + on the one labeled 'Chapters' and then 'Add Selected' at the bottom
- Feel free to play with the various configurations there - e.g. Snap Points, Chapter List, colors, etc (more details below) and then 'Save & Exit' once complete
- Finally, click on the settings page for that video (the meta-data page) and scroll down to the 'Chapters' box
- In that box enter comma separated chapters in this format: 00:00:00|Chapter Title and then click 'Save' at the bottom of the page
- The checkboxes in the Chapters configuration, when checked, operate as follows:
- Show Snap Points: displays chapter markers in the seekbar.
- Show Snap Overlay: displays chapter titles when hovering over chapter markers. "Show Snap Points" must also be turned on.
- Show Chapter List: displays chapter list when clicking on the icon in the top right.
- Show Title Bar: displays title of the current chapter in the bottom overlay.
- Show Action Buttons: displays "Back" and "Next" buttons in the bottom overlay.
- You can use HH:MM:SS.mmm format (hours, minutes, seconds, milliseconds) in front of the pipe ("|") character before the chapter title. Note: milliseconds are not required.
- DON'T FORGET: in a video's "chapters" metadata field, chapter timestamp|title designations MUST be separated by commas (not just new lines).
- For viewer usability, the chapter labels don't include milliseconds, so don't be surprised if the labels look +/- 1 second from what you entered, due to rounding.
- We recommend AGAINST putting multiple chapter players on the same page. Why? Older versions of IE get confused and the display can be inconsistent.
- Be sure you enter your chapters in sequential order (the player - not to mention your colleagues! - will get confused if you put in chapter 2's timestamp|title before chapter 1's timestamp|title).
|Chapter Player explainer video||uStudio Chapter Player How-To (4 minutes)||learn|
|Sample in the wild||How Video Changes the Sales Enablement Equation (30 minutes)||(none)|