Here's a walk-through of what you'll see when first logging into uStudio.
General UI guidance
- Upon loading, your studio displays a thumbnail gallery of your video inventory. If you hover over a thumbnail, each video has an overlay with a gear icon that you can click to go to the Edit Info page for that video. This is where you can edit that video's metadata.
- Clicking the hamburger icon takes you to a list view of all your videos, and clicking the vertical bar chart icon takes you to an analytics view.
- The speech bubble in the top right corner of the app opens an in-app Chat feature where uStudio monitors incoming customer questions during business hours.
- Underneath Chat is a search field to help you find assets by matching titles, keywords, and descriptions of video records in your studio. Custom metadata fields can be made searchable, as well.
- At the bottom of the screen is an action bar with common tasks you can perform on videos you've selected by checking their checkboxes.
- The left navigation pane drives everything you do in the uStudio platform. Navigating to the various sections on the left-hand panel will help you organize videos, stream content, and collaborate with your team on video projects.
- Clicking the (+) symbol next to Media lets you upload one or many new videos into your studio.
- "All Media" takes you to the studio gallery view at any time, and "Added This Week" shows videos uploaded to the studio in the past week.
- Clicking the (+) symbol next to Collections lets you define a new collection. Collections are similar to folders and can be used to organize the content in your studio.
- Clicking the (+) symbol next to Destinations lets you define a new destination for distributing video, i.e., an HTML5 player, a playlist player, Facebook, YouTube, an iTunes podcast, a private enterprise podcast, a public WordPress website, a private intranet, a gallery in Salesforce, etc.
- Think of your studio as the "hub", and the various destinations/distribution endpoints are connected spokes.
- If you are the studio owner, clicking the (+) symbol next to Members lets you invite colleagues to join your studio and manage the content within.