Creating Podcast Shows
When your episodes are uploaded and edited you’ll want to group them into Shows around specific topics or themes. Your audience will be able to subscribe to shows that are relevant to them. Episodes can be uploaded to shows either through the SHOWS section or the Episodes section of the console. NOTE: Once you create a show in the console it will immediately display as an available show for the audience of the application.
- A show is created by going to the shows section of the console, then selecting the “create a show” button on the top right of the page.
- If you'd like to create a video podcast show, select Video under the Show Type. For an Audio show, click Audio.
- When creating a show you will need to add the Title, Description, and Thumbnail Artwork.
- In addition, you can choose to restrict the show to particular audience members through groups.
- Please watch the video tutorial below for a detailed walkthrough of creating shows within the PMC.
Restricting Shows to Target Audiences
Shows can be restricted to certain audience groups so only audience members in the group can see shows associated to their audience group. You can restrict groups while setting up or editing a show. Groups need to be created in the Administration section of the site before you can restrict a show to that group. For more information on creating groups, please consult the Administration section of this guide.
- Select “Private” under ”Control Access to this Show"
- Type in the group name that was created in the Administration section of the site and select the group that matches.
- Assign a show to as many groups as desired. By adding more groups you will widen the show audience.
- Save changes you made.