uStudio provides the options to create video shows in our podcast application for the ability to add content that would better be served with visual aid, like slides or white boards. This show type is an option upon the creation of a new show. By setting this type any content you add will display a video player alongside the audio portion of the episode.
Note: If you do not see the option to create a video show in your podcast admin experience this may not be part of your current offering. If you are interested in adding it to your offering please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selecting Video Show Type:
- Create a Show
- Select "Video" in the Show Type
Note: Once you set the show type you will not be able to change it.
- Once you have created the show add video Episodes to your episode section of the site and publish them to the video show
- Your users will now be able to watch video when watching this show
Video Show Pro Tips:
- Create show art work that indicates the content is video content. An example is putting a video icon in the corner like we did with our leader lounge above.
- Can I add audio episodes to a video show?
Yes you can! When you add audio episodes to a video show it will show the thumbnail for the show in the area the video would normally play when the user plays the episode.
- Can users download video shows?
Not yet but it is coming soon. We will update you once we have added the download ability.
- Will I be able to see how my video shows are doing against my audio shows?
Yes! Right now you will see this as a show type in the raw data. Soon you will see more video content available in our graphs.
- How will video content display on the show page and unplayed list?
Video content will be treated just like audio content. The new content will show in line with your current audio content. The show page is displayed in alpha order based on the show title and the unplayed list will show with the most recent episodes at the top of the list.