The uStudio mobile application supports push notifications to audience members who have allowed push notifications on their app. Below is how push notifications are triggered to your audience:
1. New episode added to the News section/show: When a piece of content is added to the News show ALL users of the application will get a push notification to their phone.
2. New episode is added to a show in which the audience member subscribes: When an audience member subscribes to a show they will receive a push notification when new episodes are added to that show.
Mobile Push Notifications FAQ
- Why are push notifications so vague? Push notifications are intentionally vague to not show any potential confidential information.
- How can I know how many push notifications were sent out? We cannot gather this information.
- How can I know how many push notifications were received? We can gather some information using Firebase. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- What is the reason for not having this granular information on push notifications at the end user level? Apple makes it difficult on iOS for us to see exactly which and how many notifications are sent or received. Android gives us access to more of this data.
- Will uStudio continue to make push notifications more transparent? Yes, we are going to look at how we can gain more transparency into what's going on.
- I am unable to receive push notifications. Why?
- Users always have the option to block push notifications when they register for the podcast application. This is part of the operating system. This is not something we can track from our system.
- Users do not receive push notifications if they are logged into the podcast application and the application is running.
- A MDM can be configured to block push notifications. Microsoft Intune MDM does this. Here are some articles with more information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/configuration/device-restrictions-ios and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/configuration/device-restrictions-android-for-work