Mobile app notifications alert audience members of new episodes, encouraging them to sign-in and play content. By simply scanning their phone, they'll be reminded that there is new content available.
Push notifications occur when a user has the mobile application installed on their phone with notifications enabled. Audience members can turn off notifications for the uStudio app via their mobile device's settings.
Notifications are delivered when:
- New episode added to the News section/show: When a piece of content is added to the News show ALL users of the application will get a push notification to their phone.
- New episode is added to a show in which the audience member subscribes: When an audience member subscribes to a show they will receive a push notification when new episodes are added to that show.
Mobile Push Notifications FAQ
- Why are push notifications so vague? Push notifications are intentionally vague to not show any potential confidential information.
- I am unable to receive push notifications. Why?
- Users always have the option to block push notifications when they register for the podcast application. This is part of their device's operating system and not something we can track from our system.
- A MDM (like Microsoft Intune) can be configured to block push notifications. Here are some articles with more information: