In order to create a private group in an SSO environment, you'll need to contact your IT department or whoever manages the Active Directory and SSO connection on your end. Once they have established a new user group, a group will have to be created in the PMC by an admin.
How to Create a Group:
- Creating groups is available in the PMC through the “Administration” tab on the bottom left.
- Once in the Administration tab, you will see a “Groups” section.
- Press the plus button on the top right of the screen or the "create group button" if you have not created groups before.
- Name the group according to the active directory. Make sure this field is readable when compared to the active directory group name.
- Enter Company SSO Group Name as provided by your IT department.
- Enter a Description that gives a little more insight into what the group is meant to do.
- Create the group
How to Restrict a Show to a Group:
- Creating a private show is available in the PMC.
- Once in the PMC, click on "Shows".
- Inside the show, click on the "Edit" button on the top right-hand corner.
- Once in the Show edit, you will see three sections.
- Description: Enter a description that gives a little more insight into the show.
- Control Access to this Show: Click "Private (Selected Groups Only)".
- Groups With Access to Show: Add groups based on display name as referenced in the “Groups” section.
- Click “Save”.