|v1.27 Release Notes and Known Issues - 06/17/2020|
As uStudio Enterprise Podcast is released to customers and prospects, each release is accompanied by Release Notes that describe new features, bug fixes, and a list of known issues. These issues are known to uStudio and are being addressed in upcoming versions of uStudio Enterprise Podcast.
Podcast v1.x Release Notes
To facilitate a more effective and efficient way to reach your employees, clients, customers and partners, uStudio presents its Enterprise Podcast. From important security features and UI and UX improvement to a better internal content sharing experience, the release notes detailed below offer a condensed description of enhancements, modifications and new features. Use these notes to prepare for success across your organization.
This version includes the following new features:
- Manually adding a User in the PMC now allows you to assign that User to Groups (CMC-1177)
While adding users in bulk has always allowed assigning each User to Groups, the PMC UI now allows this same functionality when adding an individual User.
- Show title is used as alternate text if Show image cannot load (POD-1189)
The Shows page displays Show art for each show. Clicking on this Show art brings the users to details about that Show including all of its Episodes. If the Show art cannot be loaded for any reason, the application will display the Show title as alternate text to allow navigation into that Show.
- SCIM 2.0 API for User management is now available (PLAY-3633)
uStudio has adopted the SCIM 2.0 standard to allow automatic User management via the Named User Service (NUS) API. The API currently supports adding, editing, and removing users programmatically, usually via a connection to the customer’s Identity Provider (IdP). Group management of Users is not yet supported.
- Intercom has been added to the PMC (CMC-1142)
Intercom was added to the PMC to allow announcements of new features and maintenance windows within the product. This also allows administrators to submit uStudio Support requests within the PMC. Intercom is available in the bottom right corner of the PMC via the orange “chat” icon.
- Podcast Episode descriptions may now be up to 5,000 characters long (CMC-1105)
The maximum length of Podcast Episode descriptions was increased from 1,000 characters to 5,000 characters.
- Infrastructure improved to handle secure HLS streams (PLAY-3754)
Secure HLS streams provide more security in delivering streaming media via the Podcast applications.
This version addresses the following issues from prior versions:
- Improved handling of JPEG image files. (POD-1191, POD-1193)
- Improved Android security by disallowing backups of downloaded content and improving network defaults. (POD-1068, POD-1219)
- Episode list in Podcast Management Console (PMC) now correctly displays all Episodes instead of restricting list to only 13 Episodes. (CMC-1170)
- In the Podcast Web application, the next item in the playlist will now correctly play after the current Episode ends. (DPOD-126)
- Improved transcoding to handle variable frame rate assets, usually screen recordings. (PLAY-4011)
- Promotional embed links have been improved so they never expire. (CMC-1162)
- Share links and promotional embed links now correctly work in IE11. (DPOD-114)
- All images are now served via HTTPS to improve security. (PLAY-3921)
- In the Users section of the PMC, the copy was changed to be “Activated” Users instead of “Active” users to indicate these are Users who can use the Podcast application, but not those that have used the Podcast application. (CMC-1111)
- Line breaks in an Episode description are now respected in the Podcast Web application and PMC. (DPOD-109, CMC-1104)
- Password reset functionality was improved to handle a larger variety of email addresses. (PLAY-3743)
- If an Episode is unpublished, it will still appear in the Unplayed list of the podcast mobile application. If you attempt to play the Episode, you will receive a “Player Error - 404” error. (POD-894, POD-943)
- Updating the thumbnail on an Episode in the PMC does not refresh to show the new thumbnail. You can work around this issue by manually refreshing the page. (CMC-855)
- The Podcast Management Console (PMC) and the podcast Web and mobile applications are limited to 100 Episodes per Show. (POD-1190, DPOD-124, CMC-1144)
- If the Episode is longer than one hour, the total time is displayed in hours and minutes instead of minutes and seconds. (POD-684)
- Long studio names obscure the UI in the PMC. (CMC-1131)
- Sorting functionality on the Users section of the PMC results in incorrect sorting. (CMC-1109)
- Analytics Dashboard in PMC displays a blank page in IE11. (CMC-966)
- Date range selector in Dashboard in PMC does not let you select just one day. (CMC-856)