|v1.31 Release Notes and Known Issues - 01/19/2021|
As uStudio Enterprise Podcast is released to customers and prospects, each release is accompanied by Release Notes that describe new features, bug fixes, and a list of known issues. These issues are known to uStudio and are being addressed in upcoming versions of uStudio Enterprise Podcast.
Podcast v1.31 Release Notes
To facilitate a more effective and efficient way to reach your employees, clients, customers and partners, uStudio presents its Enterprise Podcast. From important security features and UI and UX improvement to a better internal content sharing experience, the release notes detailed below offer a condensed description of enhancements, modifications and new features. Use these notes to prepare for success across your organization.
This version includes the following new features:
1. Shows can be organized with Categories (POD-1325)
As corporate podcasting is growing in popularity, many uStudio customers have a large number of Shows which causes the mobile and Web applications to become unwieldy. Categories solve this issue by allowing like podcast Shows to be organized together. In the mobile and Web applications, Categories present similar podcast Shows together to the user. In the Podcast Management Console (PMC), podcast administrators can create and manage the order of Categories in the end user applications. Each Show may then optionally be added to one or more categories.
The use of Categories is encouraged for customers with more than 10 Shows. Screenshots of the Podcast Mobile application and Web applications with Categories configured are below.
Learn how to create and manage Categories in our Knowledge Base article here.
2. Podcast mobile player update (POD-1276)
The entire mobile player was rewritten in native iOS and Android code to be more stable, responsive and a great foundation for new functionality to come.
3. Improved SSO Authentication for Podcast Administrators (PLAY-4180)
Customers now have the option to set their administrators up to authenticate via their Identity Provider (IdP).
4. Variable Play Speed added to Podcast Web Application (DPOD-142)
Added variable playback speed to the Podcast Web application to mimic the same behavior as the Podcast Mobile application.
5. Podcast Management Console (PMC) now shows the current processing status of Episodes (CMC-1202)
When new media is uploaded for an Episode or when an Episode is published, its status in the PMC is now correct while the media is processed. Prior releases showed that Episodes were uploaded and published before they actually were in that state.
6. uStudio Enterprise Podcast SSO integration has been certified by Okta (CMC-1189)
uStudio was certified by Okta for SAML2 and SCIM integrations with the Okta Identity Provider. uStudio is now available on the Okta store.
7. New Analytics Dashboards (CMC-1265)
uStudio released a series of new dashboards designed to make it simpler to understand how your podcast program is performing. Details about the data in the new dashboards may be found in the knowledge base documentation on the new dashboards.
8. Episode size limit increased to 8GB (PLAY-4358)
Uploading was improved to allow media files up to 8GB in size.
This version addresses the following issues from prior versions:
- Improved reliability of events and statistics for Episodes with long descriptions (over 4,000 characters). (DPOD-150, POD-1379)
- Email invitations will now find if there is a duplicate email address in the system in a case-insensitive manner. (PLAY-3625, POD-1258, PLAY-4283)
- If a User is deactivated while they are using the application, the application will gracefully log the user out instead of unceremoniously crashing. (POD-1228, POD-1287)
- Fixed issue on the Manage Members in Groups page where checking and then unchecking boxes next to Users would still see them as checked. (CMC-1216)
- Addressed issue in the PMC where a second page of Episode analytics appeared to be available, but contained no data. (CMC-1197)
- Accounts with two or more SCIM connections no longer receive errors on the PMC Users, Groups, and Dashboards pages. (PLAY-4323)
- Ability to “like” and “unlike” Episodes was added to the Podcast Web application. (DPOD-148)
- Fixed UI issues in the Users page of the PMC
- The pagination controls appeared on top of the last user on the page. (CMC-1215)
- Loading icon displays in a loop after clicking remove / add when no users were selected. (CMC-1260)
- Deactivating a user now shows an appropriate confirmation message. (CMC-1266)
- If an Episode is unpublished, it will still appear in the Unplayed list of the podcast mobile application. If you attempt to play the Episode, you will receive a “Player Error - 404” error. (POD-894, POD-943)
- Updating the thumbnail on an Episode in the PMC does not refresh to show the new thumbnail. You can work around this issue by manually refreshing the page. (CMC-855)
- The Web and mobile applications are limited to 100 Episodes per Show. (POD-1190, DPOD-124)
- If the Episode is longer than one hour, the total time is displayed in hours and minutes instead of minutes and seconds. (POD-684)
- Date range selector in Dashboard in PMC does not let you select just one day. (CMC-856)