|v1.32 Release Notes and Known Issues - 03/01/2021|
As uStudio Enterprise Podcast is released to customers and prospects, each release is accompanied by Release Notes that describe new features, bug fixes, and a list of known issues. These issues are known to uStudio and are being addressed in upcoming versions of uStudio Enterprise Podcast.
Podcast v1.32 Release Notes
To facilitate a more effective and efficient way to reach your employees, clients, customers and partners, uStudio presents its Enterprise Podcast. From important security features and UI and UX improvement to a better internal content sharing experience, the release notes detailed below offer a condensed description of enhancements, modifications and new features. Use these notes to prepare for success across your organization.
This version includes the following new features:
1. Push Notifications on iOS now generate an app icon overlay
When audience members subscribe to a Show, push notifications will be sent to them to announce the release of new Episodes in that Show. The new Episode is also added to their Unplayed list. The iOS app was updated to overlay a badge on the app icon. The number in the badge represents the number of Episodes in a user’s Unplayed list. Push notifications cause the number in the badge to be updated accordingly. Inside the application, another badge (without any numbers) appears on the Unplayed link in the bottom navigation bar whenever any Episodes are available in the Unplayed list.
2. Category management added to PMC
The PMC was updated to allow full Category management. The “Categories” screen in the Administration section allows categories to be created, listed, deleted, renamed and reordered.
This version addresses the following issues from prior versions:
- Edit Show page updated to more reliably list Groups.
- Improved stats submissions to allow mobile and Web workflows to be examined for friction and bottlenecks.
- If an Episode is unpublished, it will still appear in the Unplayed list of the podcast mobile application. If you attempt to play the Episode, you will receive a “Player Error - 404” error.
- Updating the thumbnail on an Episode in the PMC does not refresh to show the new thumbnail. You can work around this issue by manually refreshing the page.
- The Web and mobile applications are limited to 100 Episodes per Show.
- If the Episode is longer than one hour, the total time is displayed in hours and minutes instead of minutes and seconds.
- Date range selector in Dashboard in PMC does not let you select just one day.