If you have publicly distributed your uStudio podcasts over to platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify, you can still track episode listens within our media management Hub to measure success. If you are needing help publicly distributing your uStudio podcasts, visit our website here.
How to View Public Usage in uStudio
Once you're logged into the Hub, click the destination on the left-hand side where you have uploaded your public podcast.
To see the number of "views" or listens for each podcast episode, click the stats icon. This is the third icon at the top with three little vertical bars.
You will then see a graph displaying views for each podcast episode. The key below the graph will define which color line represents which podcast episode. You can also see total listens for the public platform by clicking "Destinations" on the key.
Analytics in Apple Podcasts
If your podcast is indexed on Apple Podcasts, there are analytics available through Apple's Podcasts Connect website.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, and Choose Podcast Analytics.
- From there, you can click on your podcast to view its analytics. Analytics that are available include data on total time listened, time per device, average consumption per episode, devices subscribed, and more.
For more information, check out Apple's tutorial video here.
Analytics in Spotify
- To view your Spotify podcast analytics, login to Spotify for Podcasters.
- Then click "Add or claim a podcast." Then click, "Get Started."
- Add the RSS feed for your podcast that is already on Spotify.
- Spotify will then send a verification email to the address in your RSS feed. Copy the verification code from that email into the form and push submit.
- Confirm additional metadata associated with your podcast such as language and country.
- You should then have analytics available for that podcast.
Analytics available through Spotify include data on total starts (user pushed play) and total streams (user listened to more than 60 seconds), podcast followers, engagement performance, and more.
Analytics in Google
- Go to your Google Play Podcasts Manager and sign-in
- Select your podcast that is indexed through Google Podcasts
- To see overall podcast reports, click on Listener activity report or Subscription
- To see data for a specific episode, click the reports icon. This is a square icon with three vertical lines.
Analytics available through Google Podcasts include number of downloads, number of plays and number of subscribers.